PGT® WinGuard® Impact-Resistant Windows are one of the most sophisticated and trusted windows available. WinGuard windows are perfect for homes and commercial properties in new construction or as part of an improvement project. Let Storm Smart Industries install PGT WinGuard impact resistant windows to add an aesthetically pleasing touch, continuous protection and peace-of-mind.
- All PGT® products available, both impact resistant and non-impact resistant
- Impact Windows combine heavy-duty frames with impact-resistant glass
- Impact Windows are available in a variety of styles, sizes and tints for all your windows and doors
- An Impact Window enhances energy efficiency, noise reduction, security and sun protection
- Impact Windows are easy maintenance, and easy exit in case of emergency
A COMPLETE PRODUCT LINE
The full line of windows and doors includes single hung windows, horizontal roller windows, casement/projected windows, picture and architectural windows, sliding glass and French doors. Design options include colonial and Brittany styles with optional muntins.
Choose from vinyl or heavy duty extruded aluminum painted with an electrostatic paint for a low maintenance finish. A minimum frame depth of 2 3/4 inches on windows and 5 1/8 inches on sliding glass doors, with a minimal nominal wall thickness of .062 aids the system in withstanding strong winds. Molded nylon anti-friction sash guides assure a smooth operation.
All windows and doors are exterior glazed with silicone for greater strength and seal. Additionally, the windows and sliding glass doors have a structural extruded aluminum glazing bead for stronger resistance to high wind loads. Insulated windows and doors are available in impact and non-impact lines.
Fully weather stripped with fin seal polyester pile and/or vinyl bulb prevents water intrusion.
Many options for tint include gray, green, bronze, obscure (textured glass for enhanced privacy), low-E, and white interlayer (opaque interlay for enhanced privacy).
- Meets or exceeds all AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S.2-97 specifications
- Passes ASTM E987 for deglazing
- Passes ASTM E547/E331 for water resistance
- Passes ASTM E283 for air infiltration
- Operable windows pass AAMA 1302.5 and doors pass AAM 1303.5 for forced entry resistance
- Meets protocols PA/TAS 201, 202 and 203