10.19.17 | News
Smart Companies named ENPY Nonprofit Business Partner of the Year
On Wednesday, October 18, Smart Companies was named the Non-Profit Business Partner of the Year at the inaugural ENPY Awards.
Hosted by the by the Cape Coral Community Foundation, the ENPY (Excellence in Nonprofit Performance Yearly) Awards were created to honor those individuals, businesses, and organizations who make a difference in the Southwest Florida community and beyond.
Wednesday’s ceremony was the culmination of whittling down 80 nominations to three finalists in nine different categories. The category winners were chosen from the finalists and announced at the event held at the Crowne Plaza Bell Tower in Fort Myers.
According to Cape Coral Community Foundation Executive Director Michael Chatman, presenting Smart Companies with such a prestigious award was an opportunity to share with the public the impact of the efforts by the company and its CEO Brian Rist on the Southwest Florida area and its residents, “They do so much for the community. Much of it behind the scenes. It was important to us as a foundation to bring that out publicly. Brian (Rist) is such a selfless leader who gives so much, that he would never do it on his own. We recognize the work he does, and we wanted to celebrate that publicly.
Smart Companies CEO Brian Rist, who attended the ceremony, says receiving the award was special not only for him but, the entire company and its over 150 employees, “It is always an honor to receive recognition for our philanthropic work in the community. All of our employees strive to bring a positive impact to where we live, and giving back to that community is a big part of our day to day lives.”
Other winners of the 2017 ENPY Awards were:
- Nonprofit Organization of the Year- Community Cooperative
- Nonprofit Rising Organization of the Year- Valerie’s House
- Nonprofit Executive of the Year- Samira Beckwith, Hope Healthcare
- Nonprofit Board Leader of the Year- Dean Piccirillo, Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce
- Nonprofit Employee of the Year- Megan Feeney, Goodwill Industries of SWFL
- Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year- Ingrid Fuller, Multicultural Centre of Southwest Florida
- Michel Doherty Community Impact Award- Jeanne Sweeney
- Paul Sanborn Service Above Self Award- James Gravedoni